Friday, July 4, 2008

you were there, and so was i

sitting few chairs apart, staring at the same stage where the boys and the girls performed. did you look at me for a second or two? i turned my head to you but your eyes are there to the stage.
so it was the end of the show. i was holding my glass beside the table and you were approaching to have one.
"wasn't it great?", you said,"the performance...."
"i'm always amazed with anyone who is able to play a piano" i replied
"is it the one, or the piano?"
"the sound"
"oh"
you drink a little and look away
i was waiting for some thing you might wanted to say
"i play piano" there you go
"o really?"
"i give a lesson actually"
"oh?"
"and the boys and the girls who just performed, are my students"
"oh, that's wonderful"
i always wanted to be able to play piano, but wouldn't it be too late for me to start?
...
...
there you are again, sitting in front of the grand piano in this hotel lounge. can't believe now it's me standing beside you holding the microphone and sing to you. yes, just you and me in this empty space. you play for me, and i sing for you.
a dream i never imagined i'd have, moreover to come true
a chance encounter that brought me to you

7 comments:

Whitesnake said...

Beautiful

Anonymous said...

That is such lovely story.

danni said...

great love story!!!

Anonymous said...

ah -- a chance encounter to fulfill a dream...

Anonymous said...

...that brought me to you.. always thought it's all about the piano...

L. Pralangga said...

This kind of story is the one I enjoy among many endless drama :-). Nice to have found your blog, hugs from West Africa.

Rachel said...

thanks so much for stopping by my little blog and leaving a comment. i love meeting new blogger "friends."